Saturday, May 14, 2011

PAM BLB303-11 CUSTOM ORDER


This was an exciting project for me. I have been commissioned to create a necklace/earrings set to be worn at two weddings - one in the US of A and then another time in Jamaica. Its been a joy creating this set for someone I've not met in person but who's personality - based on our email convos - resonates with similarity to someone I'm more than familiar with......meself! Her language style, sense of humour, perspectives ...........so it was not difficult to put my heart and soul into this; not that I don't do the same for all my creations ;p She showed me images of the dress she will wear to the wedding in the US....her daughter's Summer garden wedding and shortly after she flies to Jamaica for her son's 'destination' wedding. The theme of the first wedding - bridesmaids/attendants is teal/aqua; the 2nd wedding has more or less the same color scheme. Her dress is a sort of smokey pink.....I don't have anything in my wardrobe that is close to what she's wearing so I decided to use this smokey lilac top to show off the set I've created for her.

A concoction of faceted green amethyst, mystic teal quartz and similar tone freshwater pearls have been used to create the necklace whose base is a sturdy goldfilled rolo chain. Just to add a little more sparkle - not visible in the photos - I've included some moonstone rondells.

The earrings are a gorgeous set of faceted quartz, a shade lighter than the necklace - we do want some pomp and pizzaz and don't want to appear too 'matchy matchy' - with light green amethyst rondells and the same mystic teal rondells from the necklace.

I'm so excited for the new owner of this set..........2 weddings, 4 weeks apart <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment